CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 6 December 2007

Normal?!

I think I might be normal at last. Well a normal eater at least. (!) I'm not obsessing about food, I'm not binging, eating in the car, panicking, or obsessing.

I have gone through the stages of eating chocolate, cheese, cakes, ice cream, etc, and now tend to eat a fairly healthy selection of foods in normal portion sizes.

I don't wait for my husband to go out, or to bed, and then do wild snacking, and I don't raid the charity food box in the staffroom for chocolate coated brazils, and make myself sick on them in the car on the way home.

And I'm not worried about food at Christmas either!

Is this what being a normal eater is like?

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Yes I think so. I think I'm pretty much there too. I'm getting the odd urge to binge, but it's just an urge and I can ignore it - it doesn't feel intense or compelling anymore.
I almost feel a little scared that I'm losing that definition of myself as someone with food issues, which is odd. I felt the same on LL when the counsellor said "And in 11 weeks some of you won't be overweight anymore". And I felt a splitsecond of sheer terror.
Bizarre, bizarra, bizarre!

Alice said...

Wow, congratulations! I'm so pleased for you!

nofoodisforbidden said...

Thanks you two!