CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 16 July 2007

A Fresh Start.

Since I last blogged, things have settled down a bit for me. It's 2 weeks since I started the HRT, and things are improving slowly.
I have also started exercising again, now that I am feeling a bit better (I was feeling quite ill with the menopause symptoms; the doctor said the way I was feeling was all down to that)
We have also made some decisions about my daughter's future, she is going to live nearer to us when she gets her own place, which has allayed my worries about her quite a bit.

I am trying to revisit all of the principles, focusing on; 'eat when you are hungry', 'stop when satisfied', and 'move your body'.

Mind you; the first one rebounded badly on me at the weekend, I was going shopping to Lakeside ( Q; What's an Essex girls favourite w(h)ine? A; 'I want to go to Lakeside!' ) and had only eaten a banana. Unfortunately I got stuck on the M25 for 4 hours! when it was shut after a series of accidents. Boy, was I starving and bad tempered by the time I got there! I certainly learned from that what feeling hungry feels like! (something I have struggled with in the past)
I think I learned that it is not such a good idea to get so hungry, as you tend to eat past satisfaction. But I also learned that being that hungry won't kill me either!

I am looking forward to the holidays now; 6 weeks off, now I remember why I went into teaching!

0 comments: