CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 20 September 2007

Looking Back


I had quite a tough day at work today, getting used to teaching a new year group, and trying to get (some) of my class to knuckle down to some work. I had to get quite tough with one or two of them, (which I really hate doing, as they are sweeties really!) So I kept them in at playtime, which was a real shock, I don’t think they thought I’d really do it! By the end of the day (desperate for the loo, and no-one to call on to relieve me!) I had really had enough. I was thinking as I went home, that formerly I would have bought chocolate or sweets at the garage on my way home. I wasn’t tempted at all though, as it comes naturally (most of the time!) to ‘tune in’, and think about what I really want, and what would comfort me. I just decided that I wanted a drink, (nice cup of tea when I got home), a tasty dinner ( salmon stir fry made by o/h) and a relaxing evening with no school work! Well I got the first two, but the last is unlikely! It is reassuring to look back on what I used to be like, and think how far I have come down this road. And it’s Friday tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a successful day you had, you must be very pleased with yourself!! Well done.