CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Dreams

I am one of those people who have very vivid dreams, disturbingly so at times. A dream I had last week has been really bothering me and I'm still wondering what was behind it. In my dream I had been involved in a terrible accident, or had had a very serious illness, and another woman that I did not know had had the same thing. The gist of the dream is this: This woman and I had had surgery and our faces had been transplanted on to each other. She had my face, and I had hers. The most disturbing part of the dream was when I looked in the mirror, and saw that the face looking back at me was not mine. Also our teeth had been exchanged, and my lovely straight teeth had been swapped for terrible crooked ones! I was so upset (in my dream) as I am really proud of my teeth!
I have several thoughts about it. Maybe I have been watching too many episodes of '10 years younger'! I know my appearance does mean an awful lot to me, and obviously I am aware of the ageing process. Also I am really vain about my teeth, I know I am really lucky to have such good even teeth, and I'm always flossing etc, to look after them! But I have been trying recently to be less concerned about the size and shape of my body, and just to eat healthily and enjoy life.
I am certainly less hung up over it than I used to be!

Goodness knows why I am writing all this, and what the heck it has to do with IE I do not know, (!) but maybe writing it all down like this will get it out of my system!

1 comments:

Lesley said...

Could it be you've been trying so hard to reduce conscious thought about your appearance that part of you is actually scared? Scared that if you don't worry about how you look you'll lose it? Dreams are a good release-valve for the subconscious. Perhaps you just need to reassure yourself a little?