CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 29 October 2007

Back to the grind!


I have had such a peaceful week. We were staying on a little island in the Argyll region of Scotland called Seil. It was such a peaceful, quiet place, just the 2 of us.
We went walking, and did a bit of sightseeing. The weather was fine, dry and bright mostly. I had a good week, eating wise, having taken Geneen Roth with me, I think it helped me to focus on a few things, I just read a bit before I went to bed each night, and it really helped. I lost it a bit at the weekend, we were staying in a big hotel in Edinburgh for a family weekend for the charity I'm involved with, and I found it harder to stay focused. But I didn't do too badly, and I'm not beating myself up over it. I've found that drinking alchohol also doesn't help, and these wekends can get quite boozy! Still it's a nice way to relax with friends, and we have a real laugh.

2 things I really enjoyed eating at the weekend; porridge, and Cullen Skink!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous week and I simply LOVE that photo! Idyllic!!

nofoodisforbidden said...

It certainly was a beautiful place.
Thanks for commenting!

Alice said...

Porridge is class!
Glad you had a good time, and that your eating went well. Mine frequently goes up the creek when I'm in a place where I'm not in control of what, when and where my food is.

A
xx

nofoodisforbidden said...

Well luckily, as we were self-catering during the week, I was in control. It was harder at the weekend at the hotel. I wonder if eating a full English breakfast to cure a hangover counts as 'being your own guru!'.

Alice said...

Definitely! I always hit the fried egg and HP sandwiches hard when I'm hungover ;)

A
xx