CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 26 January 2008

Steps.

I decided to concentrate on another aspect of BC; 'Move your body'. I like walking above any other sort of exercise, hate the gym, hate going to classes, hate swimming (unless I'm on holiday somewhere hot!) and I'm not going to force myself to do something I dislike, because I know I just won't stick with it. I've been wanting for some time to include the walking in my daily activity, and have at last hit on a method to do it. I watched an item on a TV programme last week which said that you should walk 10 000 steps per day. I had bought a pedometer before Christmas but hadn't used it at all, as I didnt want to be focusing on calorie burning. So I just googled '10 000 steps' and hit on this website. It said that you need to work up to that number of steps which made a lot of sense, so since midweek I have been trying to do this, and am currently up to around 8,500 from 6,500.
I 'm really pleased, as I can fit this into my daily activity, I can easily push the steps up by extending the amount I walk around at work; walking and jogging around the hall in a PE lesson with my class; walking around the playground when I'm on duty, and walking from one building to the other on our school site. Plus if like today, I fit in a walk to town, this pushes it up even more.
Oh, and I seeme to have got back into my eating routine a bit better too!

2 comments:

Alice said...

That's really fab to hear! Well done!
I'm a bit of a gym bunny but I know how good it feels to hit those targets!

A
xx

Jane said...

Good for you!!! I too have started walking with a pedometer having also seen an article on tv (Dr Chris Steele on This Morning) and I love it. I too hate the gym and most forms of exercise but I want to tone up my bottom and this is the best form of exercise. And like you said, you can do it at work!! Walking is fun and can be done anywhere.