CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 4 August 2007

Butler's Wharf.

I had such a fun time at my friends 30th birthday drink. I met 2 other friends from work, and we went to this bar/restaurant on the Thames.http://www.browns-restaurants.com/menu-butlerswharf.php I knew I had to have only enough to drink so I would enjoy myself and be safe on the way home, and this I managed to do fine. So what is different between having this ability, and the abilty to eat enough, but not overeat? Well, not much really.
I suppose it's tuning in, and listening to one's body, just the same really.
The inability to do this would indicate a possible problem with alchohol I presume, whereas the inability to control ones food intake is not regarded in a similar light, but can end up being just as serious I think. I've often looked at extremely overweight people, and thought that it's so sad that their struggles with food are so visible. It's such a pity.

So for me, IE has become my new concience, where eating is concerned. It has replaced (pretty much) my obsession with calories and fat content. But I do think about it every day, and measure my day's 'sucess', or otherwise, on how I have dealt with the principles.

I've just had my second week off, and it's lovely, especially as the weather is much better.

1 week to go, and then I am off on holiday to Ibiza for 2 weeks with my daughter. Can't wait!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a fabulous time in sunny Ibiza with your daughter. You will be able to enjoy all your food there and eat whatever you like. What a liberating feeling that is!!