CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 5 November 2007

Small Successes.


I feel that things are going quite well at the moment.

I am managing to eat quite intuitively nearly all of the time, it is becoming second nature to me now, and it's not painful or a nuisance. For instance last week I had Open Evening at school which is usually a pain eating wise, as I am working way past the time when I would usually eat. We usually have a little buffet prepared for us by support staff during the evening, but it's all 'cold party food' eg; quiches, sausage rolls, pitta bread, cakes etc (all very unappetising). It's hard to resist even if you don't really like that sort of food (like me) as you get very hungry, but only have a 5 minute break to get something to eat. Last year I realised that I didn't really like this food (hadn't really thought about it before to be honest) but was eating it to keep me going. So this year I decided to use coffee to keep me going, and buy something at the little M&S near my house on the way home that I really wanted to eat. I bought a steak and onion baguette (quick to prepare in the microwave) and it was really delicious! Then I went to bed, as I was so tired. Previously I would have kept on eating, not realising that what I really needed to do was go to bed.

It's small successes like this that I am finding so encouraging at the moment!

0 comments: