CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 3 June 2007

Review /Refresh


I am having a mini refresher course reading the Beyond Chocolate book. It is amazing how much you forget, or don't practice in your daily life when you are living with IE. i suppose there is a lot to think about with all of the principles, so it's hardly surprising that some 'bits' go by the wayside. I've tried to concentrate on 'tuning in' and realised, that I was so busy tuning in for hunger signals, that I forgot to think about my emotions. So it's been useful. Also the 'pausing' when you are not sure if you are hungry. I've got to hunt for my little egg timer, it was really useful, but I had forgotton about using it.

It's funny how 8 months on there is such a lot still to deal with. I'm a little nearer sorting out my hunger sensations, I suppose I have had a lifetime of dieting and ignoring when I was hungry, and it's not surprising that I find it so hard to realise if I am hungry or not.

Back to work next week, but only 7 weeks to go, and then 6 weeks of freedom!
Mind you, I have spent most of this week on reports!

3 comments:

LMM said...

I am fairly new to IE, about 1 month, and I am finding myself forgetting to tune in, or when I start to tune in I will sometimes rebelliously ignore what I hear. Today my goal is to listen for both my hunger and my emotion signals.

nofoodisforbidden said...

That is good intuition for 1 month into IE. Sounds like you are doing well!

Alice said...

Well done for going back to it.
I find that focussing on it makes it more false for me at the moment and I'm best letting it be natural. Hopefully when I'm 8 months down the line I can go back and learn more too.