CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 25 March 2007

Hah! At last I am moving!!!


Well finally after a few fits and starts, I have started some exercise!! I have been really resistant to this since I started this journey, but finally as the weather has improved recently I have got up, dressed, and put my i-pod in , and done my favourite sort of exercise which is to walk! I learned to walk for fitness a couple of years ago using a book called; Aerobic Walking by a guy called Mort Malkin. He teaches a specific style of power walking, and its something I can just pick up again whenever I want to... So I'm feeling pretty good about that. I hate gyms, exercise classes etc, since I knackered my knees doing step aerobics in the 90s!


I have been thinking a lot recently about being slim, and how scary i found it, so watch for the next entry...


4 comments:

wife2abadge said...

You could add even more oomph to your walks with walking sticks and/or a walkvest (a vest with little pockets for weights) Walking with the walking sticks works your upper body too -- kind of like x-country skiing.

Anonymous said...

yay for exercise. I have made it a goal to do it more this week. It feels so great afterwards but I find it hard to muster up the motivation to start it in the first place

nofoodisforbidden said...

Hmm. Thanks for the comments. I wouldn't add extra weights as I have some knee problems, but if I was country walking (we have some woderful country parks near my home) I might try the sticks.

Anonymous said...

but you would look like a numpty if you were to use sticks...IMHO you would be better using a heart rate monitor like a polar one to keep an eye on your heart rate and keep a good average over your walk..

huggs Lulu