CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 15 April 2007

6 monthiversary!


I've just realised that it is 6 months since I started this journey. I attended the Beyond Chocolate Workshop that started it all last October, and this was when I made some promises to myself. I promised that;


  • I would never diet again.

  • I would eat when I was hungry.

Because of years and years of dieting, binging, and yo-yoing with my weight, I was so fed up, tired and just generally at breaking point with my relationship with food. Before I attended that workshop I was really desperate for something, and during and after it, I knew that I had found the thing I was looking for. I know from my own experience that diets don't work, and that my realationship with food was pretty disordered. Now I don't think about food and 'forbidden foods' the way I used to. I don't stress about the things I am 'not allowed' to eat, because basically those things don't exist, I am 'allowed' to eat anything I want. But having given myself permission to eat what I want, my diet is actually pretty good. I actually don't eat loads of chocolate, cakes, chips, sweets etc which is quite a surprise. I actually walk past these things in the supermarket, and don't give them a second glance!


I have come a long way in 6 months!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow it's really great to read that. I gave up dieting 5 months ago and have gained a small amount of weight. I feel a bit frustrated sometimes as I thought I would lose more but I love the freedom I have in choosing what i want to eat...not what I have been told to eat by whatever diet I was following at the time

Alice said...

Congratulations Alison, you've come so far. I hope that in another five months I find myself in a similar position!

Chocolate Fairy said...

YAY! Delighted to read how great you feel about all this and how much has changed...

nofoodisforbidden said...

Oh, you guys! (blushes)

livingrainbowcolor said...

Congratulations! It's a wonderful free feeling, isn't it? What surprised me most was how much my thinking has changed. I no longer obsess over tiny details of food, and can really pay attention to the rest of my life.
What I like best is the feeling of freedom.

nofoodisforbidden said...

I agree wholeheartedly with the last comment. It is a feeling of freedom!