CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 22 April 2007

To eat or not to eat (breakfast!)


Back to work, and so back to normality, and the daily question; to have or not have breakfast? I've discovered since I started this journey that I very rarely feel hungry first thing in the morning. This is fine at weekends and in the holidays (I'm a teacher, remember?) but in term time it's a bit harder as I can't choose when to stop and eat.

So what I have started to do is to have something, say a banana or fruit of some sort at 8.45 before the children come in at 9. This keeps me going until breaktime, when I can sit down and eat something with my coffee. On a playground duty day, I do tend to eat some breakfast as i wont get a proper break until lunchtime.

I think I have discovered that I like waiting until I am hungry to eat, and that I dislike the feeling of being overfull, so this is good progress as far as I am concerned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like waiting until I am hungry to eat because food tastes so much better, the eating experience is so much nicer and I can guage when I am satisfied so much easier

Grace said...

My first comment did't post because the Internet went down. Anyway, I was just saying that it is best to listen to your body. Diets put you in the fear that if you don't eat first thing in the morning you'll be in "starvation mode" and blow up like a balloon.

Christie @ Honoring Health said...

I am starting to learn the same thing. I am also finding this helpful is learning what I really like and what I don't.