CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 17 May 2007

Itchy.

Oooh, I have been having a really funny week. I'm not really sure what has been going on, so I'm just going to write and see what I say.
I have had this queer 'itchy', 'longing', 'wanting', feeling all week. I have been feeling a bit low, and it's been bugging me that I haven't heard anything about the job I applied for. Also I haven't been sleeping too well, and as a result I feel really tired. I also know that the weather hasn't helped, this kind of rainy overcast weather always gets to me. The 'wanting' is a feeling I recognise, it's something I have felt periodically the whole of my life I think. BBC (Before Beyond Chocolate) I always ate to dull it (but it always comes back!). So the temptation to eat to get rid of the feeling has been strong. But I have decided not to do this, I have eaten when I felt hungry, and have pretty much stopped when I was satisfied. I decided to see how it would feel just to 'feel the feeling', and try and analyse what it was. That was pretty ok actually, it wasn't too bad just going with the feeling, and its actually gone away pretty much, exept for after meals.
So I have discovered that I can feel my feelings, even bad ones, and its ok!

This is the stage I get to with most diets, and when I would normally kick over the traces, and say; Oh sod it! But this time I have enough insight to just be able to work out what is going on (I think!)
I hope this entry isn't too rambling!
I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter E at the weekend, she always makes me stop thinking about myself!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Well done you.
It can be so hard to sit with feelings and not eat them, but like you I've found that if I try they aren't so bad.
Have a nice weekend!

nofoodisforbidden said...

Thanks, Alice. Hope you are ok too.