CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 1 May 2007

Telford Hangover!


I have had a bit of a boozy weekend, I spent it at a hotel in Telford (!) Was helping out at a CdLS (see link on the right) weekend, and it's a good social occasion with some very good friends too. I was pleased with the way I dealt with breakfast, usually at hotels the breakfast buffet is a real temptation, and then I end up chomping through piles of toast and butter! Well this time I just ate very sparingly at breakfast, (just enough to keep the hangover at bay!) I didn't exactly eat intuitively the rest of the time, it's hard when you are chatting over lunch or dinner to focus very closely, but I think I managed to notice my 'satisfied signal', and I didn't overeat. I realised last week that I had lost more weight, it's about 11 pounds now since last October when it all started. I was over the moon about it, because it is the first significant weight loss I have ever had without dieting. And I don't have the feeling that I sometimes did on a diet that I wouldn't be able to sustain it.

So I now want to focus on keeping up my walking, which I know is helping a lot, I didn't have any time last week as I had a lot of work to do at school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your journey so far is really inspiring to me

wife2abadge said...

Woo hoo -- you are giving me hope :-)

nofoodisforbidden said...

Thanks guys!