CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 12 May 2007

Stuff I don't eat any more.

I was thinking today about all the foods I used to eat BBC (Before Beyond Chocolate) and thought I would make a list;

  • Weightwatchers meals (yuck!)
  • Low fat yoghurts (Much prefer Greek Yoghurt!)
  • Boots 'Shapers' bars
  • Special K ( I very rarely eat breakfast now, as I am never usually hungry first thing)
  • Cadburys Dairy Milk (just don't like the taste)
  • Galaxy (ditto)
  • Skips, Doritos, any 'low fat' crisps (Much prefer Kettle chips!)
  • Sugar free jelly
  • Nimble or other 'diety' bread (Give me walnut bread or Ciabatta!)
  • Weightwatchers or other 'diet'cakes (don't eat a lot of cake now, I'm rarely hungry enough to eat any sort of dessert)

The principle 'Enjoy', means I only eat the foods that I really, really want to now. Before I didn't even think if I really liked something that much, I ate it because it was low calorie, or some diet book told me to! I also spend a lot less time agonising over food choices now, which has given me a great deal of peace of mind.

Funnily enough, I don't eat loads of crisps,chocolate, cake or ice cream; all the foods I used to binge on. Having given myself permission to eat them if I want to, I find that I'm not that bothered!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Great post. Tonight for supper I made a Tempeh (soy) burger, ate a few bits, didn't like it, and so in the compost bin it went. Before I would have forced myself to eat it so I would fill up on something healthy. Well no more! haha

nofoodisforbidden said...

Thanks!

hello : ) said...

thats a great list i definately agree with you on the dairy milk and am really getting in to kettle crisps over doritos and stuff :)