CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 24 May 2007

Migraine


I have been really ill with a migraine this week. I was ill for 3 days, that bad that I had to stay off work, which is very unusual for me. I have had migraines for a number of years after I had a car accident, and the medication I take usually prevents them, but not this time. This made it hard for me to eat intuitively, because all I could think about was the pain.


Eating often eases the pain, although only for a short amount of time. I realised that eating when I was not hungry was a way of medicating myself, when actual 'medication' was not working. So I decided to eat to numb the pain, and to blank out what was happening and it worked!

The next day I felt a bit better, and the day after I was more or less recovered. I have found it quite easy to go back to my normal eating (when I am hungry) and it really hasn't been difficult at all. I think this is because I was so much more aware of what was really going on than I have ever been before. And I wasn't attacking myself, as I would have done before BC.


O/h and I are going away for the weekend, which will be nice! And then it's half term ;) but I have to start report writing ;( !!!!!!

0 comments: